Our next major Block of the Month program (2021) will be the beautiful applique quilt, Ann’s Legacy, Di Ford’s reproduction/interpretation of a quilt made c.1818 by Ann Daggs of Rochester, New York. We are super-excited to offer you this gorgeous quilt as one of our well-planned and comprehensively described programs that we are known to deliver here at Shiralee Stitches.
Enjoy easy-to-achieve hand applique results by using the applique paper method and Sandy’s simple instructions, as well as some English Paper Piecing, working with faithful reproduction fabrics, many of which are from Di’s latest fabric range, Anne’s English Scrapbox. In the gallery photos see the quilt centre created in the fabrics which will be in your kit. We have chosen the gorgeous ombre red border print to border the centrepiece….it is not a border print like the one Di used in her version, but we really wanted to use Di’s fabric as a legacy to her, and we are thrilled with the effect. All other fabrics are chosen to replicate the quilt as close as we can.
This is a 12 month BOM program……each month will include:-
- pre-printed applique paper sheets with all the shapes required for that month (reversed and ready to go!…this will save you hours of prep time and allow you to start on the fun stuff much more quickly!)
- comprehensive cutting notes/fussy cutting guidelines
- close-up photos of the applique and EPP, created in exactly the same fabrics as are included in your kit
- all the fabrics you need to create the quilt top and binding
- any papers and perspex cutting templates required to complete that month’s component
- notes including any other tips/tricks/info we think you may benefit from to complete that month’s sewing
The pattern for this quilt was published in Di Ford’s first Quiltmania book, Primarily Quilts, a copy of which will be required to complete the program. You can pre-order yours here, to be sent with your Month One package (extra postage added at time of mailing)
Cost for this BOM will be as follows:-
- Months 1, 2, 3 and 4 $98/month + p&h
- Months 5 to 12 inclusive $69/month + p&h
A note on postage. All parcels are sent in tracked satchels via Australia Post. This is estimated to be $9.20 small tracked satchel each month, possibly $12 for a medium satchel for month 3, for Australian customers (International customers welcome, please ask Sandy for a postage quote. If you order online, which you may wish to do to secure your place, Sandy will adjust the flat-rate postage overpayment for international orders once Month One is mailing)
Payments for this BOM are made one month in advance as a forward payment. Secure you place now by purchasing Month One below, and when we are ready to begin in mid January, Sandy will be in touch to gather your card details, you will then be charged for Month Two, and we will post Month One. Each month we will keep you one month ahead with your payments and when Month 12 is ready for mailing you will not be charged as that payment has already been made).
Please note that by purchasing Month One you are committing to purchase the future months 2 -12 to complete the BOM program. Cancellations will only be considered under special circumstances and the forward payment in credit will be forfeited as a cancellation fee.
Finished Quilt size 66″ square (167cm square)
The first installment for this BOM program will be mailing mid-January 2021
We hope you will join us in this amazing applique journey.